desktop setting

mdemers883

WEll, I went to XFdrake and did some configuring:

for graphics card it's showing ATI radeon

Monitor: custom

Resolution: 1152x864 24bpp

I'm not sure if those settings are perfect but I think they are probably right ( I have ATI)

here is a screenshot, look how huge gaim is :(

post-2215-1096591091_thumb.jpg

hmmmm, I have a ATI 9500 seriers onboard. I"m guessing my plain ol "Radeon" setting XFdrake may not be cutting it. I checked the list further and the closest thing I saw was a 8500 series. I'm not sure if I"m on the right track or not, if I am I have no clue what to do from here :lol:

theres a setting in gaim to make the icons smaller - in preferences uncheck show buddy icons

That should help that a bit...but it still seems like everything else that has to do with my desktop/windows and such seems bigger than it should be for the resolution I have it set at. I'm not sure if it's because XFdrake is seeing my video as plain ol "radeon" instead of say "radeon 9500"

I'm new to this so I'm not full confident in what I'm doing. Any ideas of what I may need to do?

did you scale it down or is that a screenshot straight from your computer?

the shot is at 1024x768, not "Resolution: 1152x864 24bpp" you say. That would make things look bigger. Apart from that, your gnome icons are fairly big, but they're designed that way.

did you scale it down or is that a screenshot straight from your computer?

the shot is at 1024x768, not "Resolution: 1152x864 24bpp" you say. That would make things look bigger. Apart from that, your gnome icons are fairly big, but they're designed that way.

I think the screenshot was taken at 1024x768 and I had fiddled aroudn with more afterwards and set things to 1152x864. I'll mess aroudn with gaim when I get home like you mentioned to see if I can shrink that baby down. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade gnome tonight as well :D Thanks for all the help so far :thumbs: