bookmarks

gax1985

go to bookmarks->manage bookmarks then -> tools->import (or export) in the manage bookmarks screen. if you have a Windows partition you can get IE bookmarks by browsing to the IE bookmarks folder on your Windows partition. if you don't, then you'll have to copy the IE bookmarks file to a floppy or burn it to CD & you can import them that way. for other browsers (Opera, Firefox, Konqueror, etc.) on your Linux partition, it' just a matter of pointing to where the bookmarks are stored. that location will be in your /home/(you)/mozilla, /opera, /firefox, etc., & konqueror is in /.kde/share/apps/konqueror (or something like that).

Chris

Does anyone know how I can point both my Windows version of Firefox and my Linux version of Firefox to point to the same bookmarks file?

I have a FAT32 partition that I use to share data between my two OSs. Importing the bookmark file from that source does not mean that the browser used that file to manage bookmarks.

Any help is appreciated.

Crispus