I need kernel headers

Can i find anything like this for Mandrake 10.0 official? I need them. Its the only way to make my modem work. Please help me get rid of windows.

Is there any rpm package or source. I found kernel 2.6.3 headers but it does not matches with the mandrake 's

Thanks in advance

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Hmmm it still does not install the headers. Why?

Because i want to make my winmodem work and according to the tutorial from the scanModem tool i have to have the headers and it says also during the installation process that the headers are not installed. All i see is that the autoconf matches current kernel but after that "diff: /boot/kernel.autoconf.h does not exist".

:angry:

I am curious as well. I have not had a "kernel.autoconf.h file ever in my /boot! Seem like that would be somewhere in /usr/src/linux, if it were needed to compile the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the problem appeared because i wanted to install a driver for my winmodem Intel 537. The driver from the Intel 's site would work no matter what i tried.

I downloaded the driver smartlink-softmodem 2.9.9 (not 2.9.10 cause doesn't have support for Intel 537) and when i tried to install the driver it didn't asked me for kernel headers. Just install the kernel source. It is very usefull. You can compile almost any C,C++ program if you have it.

Also don't forget to install wvdial and configure it with the command # wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf (as root after the installation of the driver and being activated with the command # slmodemd --country=YOUR_COUNTRY /dev/slamr0

Edited by twilight