how many peeps have you converted?

arctic

how many people have you sucessfully "converted" to change their computer into a linux box?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. how many people have you sucessfully "converted" to change their computer into a linux box?

• none
    • one to five persons
    • six to ten persons
    • ten to twenty persons
    • more than twenty persons... (what a hero!)

One guy I know who had had a virus on his PC. His Win 98 was cleaned but broken. I installed Mandrake for him, and he found his way with it quite quickly. Should go visit him again to see if he needs some more explaining, but from his last mail, it seems that he's OK.

Might do it for my father as well. He's running XP on a lappy, but he's interested because of the virii, etc.

Ciao,

Sitor

Converted my lil sis. She used win Me but she get tired of it allways crashing and other malfunction, so I installed mandrake Linux on her machine.

She uses PCs only to write letters, poems, Email and such.

i wouldn't go so far as to say converted, but i have instilled an interest in five people so far.

one, a good friend of mine, is a network engineer and when i first showed him mandrake 8.0 he looked at me and said "this looks a lot like unix! i used to use that years ago" i said "well it is unix compatible" and he was quite taken with it. he now runs linux on one of his own servers and always carries a linspire live cd with him (just to show his customers without installing over their precious winblows).

the other four people are all friends who asked me "what is that running on your machine?"

i said "linux" and they all said can i try that on my machine!

needless to say my burner has been busy :lol2:

although none of them have a lot of spare time to learn linux, they all seem to have linux still installed and running (along with windoze).

so i am doing my bit (honest)

reb2

:beer:

I tried with two friends of mine a few years ago and with two others now.

I converted myself (for the moment...) and my wife. She is not allowed to switch to win without my concent! :cheeky: I'll get :furious3:

Sh does not complin lately ... I just have to find some solutions and time to fix my sound, find a IM with voice and that's it. I, for sure, will forget wi(kk). My wife will have to follow me. Already she enjoy it!

:headbang: So at the end I have coverted someone for sure!!!

I am so close.

I love the fact that I can leave ten's of windows (app and such) opened ans still my pc works nice after 1 week.

I hate when I have to reboot or switch!