Unreal Tournament 2004 demo

papaschtroumpf

Epic has released a new demo for Unreal Tournament 2004! In addition to bug fixes, it has even more content than the original demo.

Here's a copy of the announcement, it includes the download link:

The new UT2004 demo has all the fixes and updates in the latest full version of UT2004, and also includes two additional maps, ONS-Primeval and CTF-FaceClassic, as well as the Instagib CTF game type. In addition, new demo servers are compatible with full version clients, so if you run a demo server, anyone can join it.

Download it now at: http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut2004/downloads.php

The demo contains 7 maps:

AS-Convoy

ONS-Torlan

ONS-Primeval

DM-Rankin

CTF-BridgeOfFate

CTF-Face Classic

BR-Colossus

7 game modes:

Assault

Onslaught

Deathmatch

Capture The Flag

Team Deathmatch

Bombing Run

Instagib CTF

Just in case anyone reads this thread and is thinking about buying the retail version, I thought I'd mention what I think of it.

Worth every penny.

It's a realy great game and it installed for me without a hitch. like most large commercial programs, I found the install went more smoothely withOUT KDE running, but no big deal.

I find that it is stable and performs very well.

I had absolutely no probems installing it with KDE running, the only "issue" is that it created a new menu entry called "Games" instead of using the one that already exists under applications.

The game has been running great and smooth under linux for me.

The only thing that you loose from the windows version is the option to have the game "read" to you what people type in using text-to-speech technology. I hear that there is a way to make it work in linux but I never bothered looking into it.

I agree, worth every penny, but it's my favorite genre of game.