wireless not working - prism 2 usb - SOLVED

giorsat

Hi. In my mdk 10 the card netgear usb ma111 was recognized under the eth card (not wireless ) by mdkwizard. all I had to do was then to go to /etc/wlan to the config file to name it after the wirelessnetwork it belonged. in mdk101 /etc/wlan is missing so I don't' know how to tell the card which wireless essid and network it belongs to. It doesn't use the iwconfig tools because the prism2 wlan ng driver doesn't' support. anyone can help me?no internet connection if it doesn't work

can you please help me in configure my prism2usb wireless card on m101? the driver belongs to the wlan-ng project (intersil chipset) and in 10.0 everything was ok. but in 10.1 there is no /etc/wlan with config files to change. I have no internet without it. I downooladed the 3 standard iso and cd 4 and 5 for silver memebers. maybe I should have dowloaded the 1-3 iso for silver members? I don't' even have the wireless drak wizard new in 101. or what else. I tried to talk with mandrake but even if I am a silver member I don't' get answers...

when I start ifup wlan0 he system gives a Siocssiflag error...

on m10.1 community after 2 days of trials I finally discovered how to configure a netgear ma111 usb wireless card using wlan-ng drivers. First of all you need prism2utils package on 5th cd of mandrake community. it creates the usual /etc/wlan drectory where all set up is done on wlan-default file (rename with essid) and wlan.conf (inside put the wlan0="essid") . then configure mdk wizard as a normal eth card and not a wireless one. at the end of all . isert the usb device and voila'. connected...

ag, crap, prism2-utils, that's the package I *MEANT*. I knew we split the wlan-ng stuff out into a separate package but pulled the wrong name out of memory. sorry!

(btw, if orinoco drivers have USB support it may be an idea to use them, as they actually use the standard wireless tools, unlike wlan-ng with its weirdass "all our own stuff" setup).