Mandrakelinux 10.1 Community Edition configuration

aRTee

Actually, I meant that 2.6 multimedia kernel,.. will clarify on the site.

BTW Adam, you mentioned that eth0 firewire and nic eth1 had been fixed, but so far I have had 2 instances where they got swapped back, fw: eth0 and nic: eth1 - no networking until I redid the devices...

Bugreport?

• 4 months later...
Guest cornjchob

Great article, helped a lot, I often find myself referring to your site with any problems I may be having. However, I tried to enable transparency, and ran into a myriad of difficulties.I did the CVS grabs, and after about an hour of trouble shooting, realizing dependencies, installing autoconf, all this crazy stuff, neither xcompmgr nor transset wanted to build. Ok, fine, I don't have all day so I grab some binaries. They install real perty and I think I'm on my way. I added those lines to the end of my xorg.conf, and x crashes when it tries to start up; says it can't open my screen. When I tried to manually enter it in in vi, vi's syntax highlighting throws up on me, unless I change "Extensions" to "ServerLayout" or "InputDevice" or another section type that's already in xorg.conf. I'm running a radeon 9500 in Big Desktop mode (dual-monitor) with all the latest drivers, along with xorg 6.8.1. Any ideas?

- Jay

p.s. transset works, it just has no effect on the windows I click. xcompmgr tells me I don't have a composite extension (duh) and then exits.

Edited by cornjchob

Hmmm, well, if you went here (I link to this):

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=204593

you would have read this:

This is extremely experimental and will most likely crash your X server one or more times. Some of these crashes can only be fixed by SSHing into the box from another machine to nuke the offending process, so if you don't have another machine to connect to your non-responsive box from, you might have to hard-reset it, which is always bad.

So this is not so strange... it's just very much in development.

If you want to get this fixed, I suggest that you open a separate topic about it...

To be honest, it's cool but mostly because it shows what's coming next...