Superkaramba - Help

PiG_DoG

I have Superkarambe installed i can start it up, choose the theme i want and position it. When i reboot and i put superkaramba in kde/autostart it just resets itself back to its default two themes. It is annoying can can anyone help me to make it save my setup. is there a command swith or summat to load it?

Which superkaramba version do you use? 0.33 ? there is a bug in it.

Use superkaramba 0.34. here is a link:

http://home.tiscali.nl/berenstraat/mdktest...100mdk.i686.rpm

Delete your kde/autostart entry. Uninstall the old superkaramba. Install the new one.

You'll get an icon in your main bar, right side. No need to put anything in autostart. It will remember your settings, as long as you don't close superkaramba. At least that's how it works her.

another way to get superkaramba to start the theme(s) of your own desire...............

you need to be root to do this edit. you can either do this via command line or GUI mode. you need to navigate to the /superkaramba/themes/ directory. in Mandrake, the default path is /usr/share/apps/superkaramba/themes. once there, using a text editor of your choice, or right click->open with method, edit the default.theme file to reflect the path(s) to the theme(s) you want to run at startup. for instance, here's what the contents of that file will look like untouched............

THEME path=tmon/tmon_keramik.theme

that's telling superkaramba to open the default tmon_keramik theme on startup. obviously you don't want that. so, all you need to do is change the path= part to the theme(s) you want to start automatically. you can have as many as you want. you just need to put each one on a seperate line & start each with THEME path= . for instance, here's my default.theme file...........

THEME path=tmon/zmonitor.theme
THEME path=liquid_weather_plus/liquid_weather.theme

that runs my zmonitor & weather themes upon superkaramba start up. (zmonitor is my heavily edited version of the tmon_liquid.theme)

and, if you want themes to start automatically with KDE, you need to symlink the default.theme file in the /.kde/Autostart directory. the easy way to do so is open Konqueror in normal user mode. make sure hidden file view is enabled. (click "view"->check the "show hidden files" box). go to /home/(user)/.kde/Autostart. click "edit"->"create new"->"file"->"link to application". in the dialogue box under the "general" tab give it a name. under the "application" tab name it & give it a desciption (if you like). then, for the command type.........

superkaramba /usr/share/apps/superkaramba/themes/default.theme

(note: you need superkaramba before the path to the theme. that tells superkaramba to run using the theme file in the path you specified)

click "ok". restart KDE & your theme(s) will open.

Chris