• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
GregHolg

Mandrake's logo needs work

A childish yellow star on a light blue background. Silly.

I believe we need something with more character, but if Mandrake wants to keep it, we definitely need a new star and other colors.

Is there I way I can change the logo on my start button?

sure it can be changed. just go to your /usr/share/icons/kde-default directoy and change in all apps-subfolders the name of the mdk-menu.png to ... dunno... i have put a "1" before it. or erase the mandrake-star icon. you should get back the default icon-theme menu-icon. for gnome it is quite similar. just browse mandrakes gnome-icon-folders... but keep in mind that some icon sets like d3a icons have beautiful, modified mandrakestars as default menu-button.

with respect to change the mandrake-logo: well, i would change it too, if i were able, but this is entirely in the hands of mandrake and not of this board. and if they decide to stick to the mandrake star... it's their problem.

p.s: maybe they will have to change their name alltogether in the next five years (as far as i know)... so, who knows what the icon will look like then... maybe this → :beer:

:D

And I like that little star.

Me too :beer:

And it's easy to change the blue background, just a setting in kde control center, desktop, panels settings.

The yellow star is not silly at all :D Says something about the magic mandrake :-)

The yellow star is not silly at all  Says something about the magic mandrake :-)

sure.... but the graphics needs some work. it looks kinda dull in my eyes... too much greyness in it, that is: contrast too low, saturation too low. and it would look better if it had a small red outline imho. :)

A childish yellow star on a light blue background. Silly.

I believe we need something with more character, but if Mandrake wants to keep it, we definitely need a new star and other colors.

Is there I way I can change the logo on my start button?

sounds like a good candidate for gnome :beer:

sounds like a good candidate for gnome

hehehe... gnome also features the star on mandrake :P