Updates for 10.1 CE

Edoardo

Neither on the Club's mirror-list nor on easyurpmi

there are update mirrors for 10.1 CE.

how does one update that ?

Is it the case that there won't be update 'sources' just the main distrib RPMs will get updated along the way until 10.1 official arrives ?

In that case I guess I should update as

$ urpmi.update -a

# urpmi --auto-select

BUT I thought cooker and CE were forked ...

please advise!

that's what I've been doing, except I do;

urpmi --auto --auto-select

For what i have heard the --auto part is not needed anymore.

It was used to force urpmi to check wether there was any update for itself, and if so, install it and restart itself, but now urpmi does that automatically. Dont remember where i read it so i cant post a link (or maybe -probably- it was in cooker mailing-list) but it surely works for me without it.

Edited to correct some misspelling (and probably make some others :lol2: ) BTW is the 'spell check' board function not working anymore ??

Edited by feralertx

no, that's not what auto does. auto is for unattended updates; it automatically goes through steps urpmi usually queries you on (confirm the list of packages to be updated - pick a package to be installed where more than one can satisfy a dependency - remove obsoleted / conflicting packages). it always picks the safest option. If you're doing automated updates via cron or something, urpmi --auto-select --keep --auto is the best command line to use, completely non-interactive and as safe as it can get.

no, that's not what auto does. auto is for unattended updates; it automatically goes through steps urpmi usually queries you on (confirm the list of packages to be updated - pick a package to be installed where more than one can satisfy a dependency - remove obsoleted / conflicting packages). it always picks the safest option. If you're doing automated updates via cron or something, urpmi --auto-select --keep --auto is the best command line to use, completely non-interactive and as safe as it can get.

:oops: Ooops, thanks for the explanation, i should have ' man urpmi ' to check if that was correct, sorry for the disinformation.

Im gonna give some correct info for a change :P this i have tested myself (hard :D )

with this command:

yes | urpmi --auto-select

you will reply to any question urpmi asks with a 'yes' answer (including bad signatures, remove of packages etc...)

BTW is the 'spell check' board function not working anymore ??

Spellchecker is working here with Mozilla.

Now that is an authoritative answer! :headbang:

Well, for 10.0 the procedure was to use the CE tree (although it didn't matter as CE and Cooker were literally identical). I'd *expect* it to be the same this time but, interestingly, it doesn't seem to be the case - it seems like the CE tree isn't getting updated at all, but Cooker is. Right now my advice would be to use the Cooker tree until official is released, then switch to either official or CE tree (assuming you don't want to carry on using Cooker).

Well, for 10.0 the procedure was to use the CE tree (although it didn't matter as CE and Cooker were literally identical). I'd *expect* it to be the same this time but, interestingly, it doesn't seem to be the case - it seems like the CE tree isn't getting updated at all, but Cooker is. Right now my advice would be to use the Cooker tree until official is released, then switch to either official or CE tree (assuming you don't want  to carry on using Cooker).

I agree with this analysis. Cooker didn't get forked last time until 2 days before the release of OE. In fact, that is how I knew OE was coming. I agree that cooker is currently no different than a bug fix of CE. It will remain that until it is forked, and OE is released.