Ubuntu info

jlc

Well cybr all I did was a apt-get dist-upgrade. My burner works fine cause I can boot into MS and burn cds/dvds all day long without a hitch.

To be honest, I'm just getting burnt out on the whole linux thing. I try and try to defend it, but then it just seems as though crap just keeps hosing up with every new release. Whether it is this distro or another.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well cybr all I did was a apt-get dist-upgrade. My burner works fine cause I can boot into MS and burn cds/dvds all day long without a hitch.

To be honest, I'm just getting burnt out on the whole linux thing. I try and try to defend it, but then it just seems as though crap just keeps hosing up with every new release. Whether it is this distro or another.

Dont worry Windows does the same thing... except you got used to reinstalling.

What version of Ubuntu are you using and can you record from the CLI using cdrecord ?

• 1 year later...
Hmmmm.....I may give Ubuntu a try, though it's using Gnome. So many people can't get it wrong.....off to download Iso!

It's funny to go back to old post and see all the folks I got to change to something by posting a link when it was beta ;)

----2004----

I for one can say that you had me running it since it was beta................ up to now anyways. Since I got the mbp I haven't seen the linux side of my gaming machine, nor bsd running in vmware. :D

I will say though that it was a good influence though. I found Ubuntu a good distro. Yea people have their bitch about the whole sudo thing, but all in all it ran pretty smoothly for me through beta to the latest release.

Hmmmm.....I may give Ubuntu a try, though it's using Gnome. So many people can't get it wrong.....off to download Iso!

It's funny to go back to old post and see all the folks I got to change to something by posting a link when it was beta ;)

----2004----

So it's you to blame that I went Ubuntu-holic :D

After that I also use Gnome big style...

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

----2004----

So it's you to blame that I went Ubuntu-holic :D

After that I also use Gnome big style...

Yeah, you can blame me too!

I"ve been using it again since about November too, typing on Fedora right now, but I like ubuntu a lot on my laptop.