Open Office problem

laudire

Hi everyone!

I just installed Mdk 9.0 less than 2 weeks ago and the first time I opened Open Office it asked me if I wanted to register and I chose to remind me to do it later. I may have used it once or twice more (although I use it all the time on my XP machine. So much better than Win Office XP). :headbang:

Now my problem is that it doesn't open anymore. When I go into the menu and try to open it the Splashscreen comes on and nothing happens for at least 5 minutes and then a quick window referring to the registration shows up for no more than a second or so and disappears.

If I right click on an empty part of the desktop and click on refresh the desktop the image goes away but a gray square persists until the little window shows up briefly.

What should I do? I am a newbie with Linux. I've tried to uninstall Open Office using KPackage (although not as root) and reinstall it but I am denied. I really want to start using Linux full time but it has to have Open Office and Firefox and Thunderbird at least. KOffice for example is no more better than Word Pad and I am not sure what else there is for spreadsheet. Can I just fix the problem and then how or should I reinstall but then again how to uninstall it first?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Réjean

Never mind everyone!

I managed to reinstall it on top of itself using RPMdrake! Everything is now fine. If only I could install A VERSION of Firefox any one it wouldn't matter if it is not 1.0. I have tried 0.9.3 tar.gz and 8.0.rpm. None works on my Mdk 9.0. Still have to figure out the dependencies.

Rejean