some questions

teh_sAbEr

has anyone here been able to find some Mandrake 10 KDE 3.3 RPMS? URPMI doesn't bring up anything w/"KDE" & "3.3" in it.

ive also been trying to install this "comix" theme for KDE, and after i "./configure --prefix=/usr", i typed in "make" and it gave me this output at the end:

grep: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [kstyle_comix_config.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/e_tuvera_jr/tmp/comix-1.0/comix/config'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/e_tuvera_jr/tmp/comix-1.0/comix'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/e_tuvera_jr/tmp/comix-1.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas? thanx. (btw, does any1 here use the SuperKaramba Slickbar? some of the panels aren't available in the configuration menu, so im guessing im missing some sort of Python package. thanx in advance.)

Edited by teh_sAbEr

In response to your original question, I had that same problem while compiling KDE 3.3.... I traced the issue back to OPENGL which I traced back to my Nvidia driver. I dont know what kind of graphics card you used but I uninstalled my old graphics driver, and then reinstalled it. THEN since the file doesn't seem to exist in that specific directory, I did a locate and found it in /usr/lib. So I just did a symbolic link for it. However I guess I should have just copied the actual file since i kept getting errors about how the file's location has moved. Oh well... things seem to be working for me....mostly. LOL. Got KDE 3.3 up and running through the Konstruct program. I'm so happy about it. First program I got to compile and it's actually working!

these RPMs automatically take care of dependencies (are they packaged w/the RPM, or  do i have to go fetch them manually?) and stuff like unstalling the old KDE, right?

As long as you put thac's repository into your urpmi database and use urpmi (or rpmdrake) to install it, I don't think it will have any dependencies problem. Of course, making it work the way you want it may be entirely a different problem altogether. It is a .0 release after all.

You may need to rename your ~/.kde directory to something else like ~/.kde-old and let KDE 3.3 rebuild your ~/.kde directory just in case the old configuration doesn't mix with the new KDE.