3 partitions

/ (10gig)
swap (1gig)
/home (65 gig)

HDB:

/ (2gig)
swap (0.5gig)
/home (3.6 gig)

I want to 'insert' Windows XP into this config, how should I best do this without losing any data?

Edited by Echylo

now, if you would read it carefully :P you should know that I don't have windows XP installed ;) and I have to install it , but I don't wanna lose my current mandrake system...

Yea I know, why do you need XP, well, my scanner doesn't work in Mandrake, and I think it never will so I XP just for scanner and photoshop probarly

now, if you would read it carefully :P you should know that I don't have windows XP installed ;) and I have to install it , but I don't wanna lose my current mandrake system...

Yea I know, why do you need XP, well, my scanner doesn't work in Mandrake, and I think it never will so I XP just for scanner and photoshop probarly

Yes i know, i will give you a DOS version of Parition Magic....Extract the ZIP file and put this file into a floppy diskette...The next time you Turn On the pc, boot into drive A:\ then type pqmagic.exe and you will see a graphical representation similar to Windows Diskmgt.exe.

Edited by illogic-al

That version of Partition Magic does not need WindowsXP or any other OS installed and You dont have to install it either....it is a standalone application...... :D

Partition Magic can resize,remove,transfer partitions without losing your data.

Edited by capatuy

You know, I am not sure whether we allow posting commercial applications like partition magic on the board.

Anyway, you can always use qtparted to resize partitions. It's open source, free, and graphical. If you have a knoppix handy, qtparted is already in there.

have you tried diskdrake??? with this you can modify your partitions... as root obviously, because the partition must be unmounted to resize, then reboot to install windows XP, after you have installed windows XP, start with your CD1 from MDk, and repair your boot loader, restart to enter linux, modify your boot loader to include windows, load it into MBR, and the next restart you have windows at your menu :D

and enjoy linux and windows

greetings ;)

have you tried diskdrake??? with this you can modify your partitions... as root obviously, because the partition must be unmounted to resize, then reboot to install windows XP, after you have installed windows XP, start with your CD1 from MDk, and repair your boot loader, restart to enter linux, modify your boot loader to include windows, load it into MBR, and the next restart you have windows at your menu :D

and enjoy linux and windows

greetings ;)

thx :) Don't think you should use FAT32 if you wanna install it not as first partition, something with 1024 cylinder?

anyway made a guide out of it

http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtop...=0entry145846