ISO Burning

Guest dgotard

Trying to burn Mandrake ISOs using a Sony CD-RW CRX100E under WinXP Pro. Have tried Easy CD Creator, an open source product, and most recently the current version of Nero. Several attempts using different brand media products have failed.

Using Nero have tried 4X, 2X, and 1X - all have failed. Error being reported:

<SONY CD_RW CRX100E> start writing Lead-Out at LBA 355744(56DAoH), length 0 blocks

Illegal mode for this track

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-David

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/index.en.html#record-windows

Try:

Disable the Wizard, then select Burn Image from the "File" or "Recorder" menu. Select All Files in the file selection window if necessary. Select the .iso file, click OK in the "this is a foreign file" dialogue box, in case one is displayed. In the option box that opens, the defaults should be okay: "Data Mode 1", "Block Size 2048", "Raw Data, Scrambled, and Swapped" not selected, and Image Header and Image Trailer left at 0. Click OK. Under Write CD or Burn, use the default options, e.g. Write and Determine maximum speed, plus check the Finalize CD option.

One of the causes of errors is the FILE SIZE of an ISO file. Some of the older version of burning apps failed to detect the exact file size and instead rounded it up (example: in a MandrakeLinux10.0-Official-Download-CD1.i586.iso the exact file size is 694MB but some of the older versions of burner read as 711MB which is critical and exceeded the limitations of CD which is only 700MB). Use the Latest version of Nero or any other burning software.

Edited by capatuy

One of the causes of errors is the FILE SIZE of an ISO file. Some of the older version of burning apps failed to detect the exact file size and instead rounded it up. Use the Latest version of Nero or any other burning software.

and most recently the current version of Nero

B)

Edited by Echylo

Always use "burn image" from the top "recorder" menu on Nero (when Nero first opens up, cancel whatever comes up automatically).

My dad created himself four nice shiney coasters when I switched him to Linux by ignoring this :mr-green:

Of course, there's always UseLinux if things get too hairy :D

Edited by Dustpuppy

Boot to windows and go to www.burn4free.com. Download the free software and install it. I've tried nero and others for burning isos. This program is the only one I've had no trouble with. I don't even consider using anything else anymore. It's an excellent program for all data burning. It even has a special button on the toolbar for burning isos.

Excuse me for that solution being windows based, but hey... It just works.

Edited by rdbrooks