i luv linux

johnnyv

installed 9.0 on my older box and it looks good, followed DOlson's tut for nvidia cards, good tut works well :)

wanted to install unrea tourneyl, tacticalops etc on it. Hmmm why bother installing then reloading all the maps that been downloaded from the game servers.

Just copy the game folders from my primary box to my secondary box and everything works sweet.

Try doing that on windows :wink:

Oh well time to install 9.0 on my primary box

yes i always install as root too.

I had quake3 installed in usr/local/games/quake3

and so i just moved it to /home/games/quake3 on my other system.

The only thing i had to do was edit the quake3 bash script and change the path.

sim links were not needed as i launch the games from my desktop, but they would be easy to recreate anyway.

I think i will install all my games in the home directory (/home/games) in future as when i upgrade i keep my home partition and format the other partions.

Not to mention that my default partition size for /usr was only 2.9 Gb which gets filled up very quick when you install several 500+ Mb games using the default install path.

oh well must get back to playing with 9.0 :D

One thing i can say about Mandrake/Linux, the more i use it the more i like it, which was the exact opposite of windows.

Cool I wish I had quake3 or Unreal for Linux. I don't want to go out spending money on games for linux though when i have them for windows and they should work on both! And I don't want to pay for WineX to deal with that hassle either.

i am completely and utterly addicted to multiplayer Quake3. And yes I run it from linux. the other games, I'm not sure about. I never really was a gamer. once you have the point release, lemme know, I'll give you the links for some of the current map packs people are using.

runs under linux without wine

unreal yes

cs no

quake3 yes

wolf(quake3) yes

cs alternatives

urban terror(free quake3 mod) closer to DOD or firearms - bandages, limp when shot in leg, get tired from constant jumping, accuracy less when running.

AOT- tactical ops (pay for unreal mod, free version availible) - closer to cs 1.3 - you can bunny hop accuracy same when running, more action orientated

Guest defunct

LoL cannonfodder don't worry i was a bad arse at tfc conc jumping, double concs, rocket jumps grenade jumps up elevator in 2fort etc. played in OGl in lots of under #20 clans :) Anyways TFC filled with llamas who cheated just as bad as CS and it sucks now.. I haven't played for about 5 months though and hear its still crap... ALl my old buddies still msg me on AIM. theres nothing to go back too.

ezroller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:13 pm Post subject:

is there an installer for wolf? and i can then use the windows cd?

/quote

http://mdkxp.by-a.com/htm/articles/gamelist.php -thanks DOlson!

use this link look for wolf, you will need the windows cd to install thats it.

I assume you would know about making .bin files executable and stuff like that.

cannonfodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:25 am Post subject:

My hand, trembling, reaches out for the Team Fortress CD's and *gasp* pulls back! "NO!" I shout. "I won't go back! I have a life to live.." icon_rolleyes.gif

/quote

If your playing a game your still living, if you are enjoying yourself is it not a worthwile use of your time?

You could watch tv instead :P

Don't play hl games play quake3 and unreal based games

Hopefully soon play unreal2003 based mods 8)

Or read a book or go outside etc...

Or not, whatever makes you happy