Just got a WineX subscription,...

Guest JaseP

Personaly, I don't know what the point of winex is. I own dozens of games. And I have tried all of them and you know what? DeerAvenger is the only game that would run, and there is a 3 second delay in the sound rendering the game unplayable.

Tribes2 (linux port no longer available) bust

Rayman bust

carmageddon, mounting the CD makes my computer freeze, never got to try winex

roller coaster Tycoon, bust

Dungeon Keeper 2 bust

Balck and White, only works with the "retail" version of WineX 3.0 so bust for me

Motocross madness bust

midtown madness bust

monster truck madness bust

Schizm bust

three different tomb raider games, all bust

The list goes on and on. I'll admit that WineX works perfectly for a select handfull of the most popular games, but if you look, they only have 5 games that are fully supported. Yes, there's a ton at the 4 star level, but do the math, that's 80% functional, I don't know if you've ever played an 80% functional game, but it's not much fun.

DOn't get me wrong, I know a lot of people have a lot of games that work great, but I'm not one of those people. I spent years in highschool and junior college buying windows games and not one works to a "playable" extent. I'm sorry, but i don't call that a threat to anything.

VeeDub, I tested over 70 games, and like you, most didn't work. I got 7 or so to actually work with any playability, and some required cracking, etc. This was with a slightly earlier version of WineX, but I REALLY doubt they've made much progress on the games I have, since they are focusing their efforts on games like BF1942 and MOHAA (which is being ported..........).

Some people swear by it, and some people swear at it, and it'll likely stay that way for a long time.

Yup, it's sad realy. I do know that a few very misguided programing teams have chosen not to do a linux port because of winex whitch is just rediculous. I wish they would do a litle research off winex's web site.

Yeah, I previously said Wizardry 8, but that is not the case. The game that we got robbed of is Sacrifice. And to be honest, I tried playing it in WineX when I got it with my video card, but it would crash randomly, and made for very annoying gameplay... Needless to say, I gave up on it.

Too bad, really, as that game is fun. Coulda been a great port. Oh well, water under the bridge.