WineX won't run any programs

ShineDesign

Hi everybody,

My WineX is doing weird things...can't seem to open anything, particularily Counter Strike. Here's the error:

[einstein@localhost Counter-Strike]$ winex cstrike.exe

/usr/lib/transgaming/winex/bin/wine: relocation error: /usr/lib/transgaming/winex/lib/libwine.so: symbol h_errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

[einstein@localhost Counter-Strike]$

Any ideas how to fix this? :unsure:

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I never never played Counter-Strike but as I said before in other posts, Wine (or WineX) sucks. Get Cedega. It's far better than Wine, but not as good as I would want it to be. Go to www.transgaming.com and check the list of supported games. Register there for 3 months minimum and you can download Cedega.

Nope. You pay for it once and it's yours. Linux software is not like Windows software with unknown 'features', spyware, adware and other crap. :cheeky: You know, some mother f***ers want to implement all sorts of sh!t in software using TCPA.

Check it out here: http://www.againsttcpa.com/.

Did you know that Search in WinXP is spying on you ? Yup, it contacts the evil empire and tells them what you are searching in your own computer.

The point is that such a program, that would only run if you are subscribed, could only be created by M$.