Mandrake linux 10.0 official download wont install

Guest qwerty12

Guest qwerty12

I am trying to install Mandrake linux but when the installation process gets to about to 3 minutes i get a error message about openoffice not being able to install.It gives me a choice of carrying on but when I do i get the same error message but a another program not being able to install.Thanks in advance.

Sounds remarkably like your cdrom is corrupted. Try a fresh download and do a checksum test after downloading but before burning the iso to disk, and also after burning the disk to make sure it is ok. When burning, also choose the slowest possible burn speed to help prevent even slight errors.

Cheers. John.

Looking at your system setup on this page AussieJohn. How do I go about installing Kernel 2.6.7., I have installed Mandrake 10 official from CD's I got online. easy Install.

I am a new Mandrake user just under a month or so.

I like the GUI alot but I can't seem to get the latest wine working. I read they had issues with it using the Kernel in mandrake 10 official which I am using.

thanks, Jntod1 SD,California

Edited by jntod1

The FAQ's is a good place to start learning about compiling and updating your kernel

As for wine, I myself don't use wine as Linux does everything I need. I would suggest posting a seperate topic about wine in the Emulation section. Post whatever errors you are getting. They will be helpful.

Hi jntod1.

First of all please accept my sincerest apologies for not having replied directly to you earlier.

It was not deliberate I can assure you. Some how I missed my posting on this thread and in checking back as I do daily, I spotted your post just now.

Installing an upgrade kernel is pretty easy and was obtained from http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/Mandrake_Linux.html and it was installed as per any other rpm and do not forget to download the kernel-source of the same version as the kernel you select to download, you will need it for other apps and driver installs later.

I am sorry I can't help you with the WINE problem because I know absolutely nothing about it and have never used it.

And by the way, welcome to MUB, you will be in good company. :thumbs:

Cheers. John.