/dev/mixer error

sir_max

Hello everyone

i have a genius 4.1 value card, wich have a c-media 8738 chip on it, mandrake load the module snd-cmipci successfully, but when i want to watch a movie with mplayer, it gives me the error that says:

error /dev/mixer connot be opener; perhaps the file doesn't exists (or something very much alike)

y have searched the dev/directory and there is a mixer linked to /dev/sound/mixer

i have even installed the new version of alsa-driver (1.0.6a) and have run the script ./snddevices

but it still doesn't work.

now i have my computer computer compiling a new kernel from source 2.6.7-13mdk and patched it with new version driver/include from alsa.project.org

anyone have any idea of what can i do??? if this compiling doesn't work i don't know what to do next...

I'm using Mandrake 10 Official (4 disc version)

all of this begun when i have switched Motherboard, now i have a p3 with an ASUS TUSL2-C, i used to have a k6-2 450. i have reinstalled mandrake to not have any problems, i don't have any except this from sound... besides with the mobo switch i have switched sound cards.. i used ti have a SB64 AWE Gold

any tip would be very much appreciated

:D :D

Greetings to everyone

Edited by sir_max

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/214720

Google thinks it's a bug. Try upgrading to mplayer1.0 pre5

i have installed this mplayer:

mplayer-1.0-0.pre5.4plf.i586.rpm from PLF

and the problem continues...

thanks again..

P.S.: i'm going to download the cvs version of Mplyer to see if that works ;)

Edited by sir_max

i made it :D :D :D :D :D

i recompile mplayer with this options (from source CVS version and stable version) --enable-gui --disable-ossaudio and works everytime and i don't have the error message anymore

thanks to everyone :D

P.S.: to rebuild a src.rpm is there a way to add command line options, like those options I set to source for Mplayer??, that's because i don't have to battle with dependencies with future packages by compiling some software by source.

Edited by sir_max