Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Community)

bvc

to huerzee - no, parallel booting hasn't been implemented at all yet. It's a very big change to the boot process and will need to be started right at the start of a development cycle if it's going to be done without breaking too much stuff.

artee, don't know if you found this out yet, but Svetljo compiles his kernels with lirc built properly, so if you use kernel-2.6-multimedia or download an sds build from svetljo's page, things should be dandy.

rivo, the biggest is nvidia proprietary driver not compiling properly without a patch to kernel sources. permissions for USB joysticks are not correctly set (only root can use them). speedtouch ADSL modems need tweaking to work. Upgrading from an earlier release can cause problems with KDM.

that's all the ones I can remember for now...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hacking doesn't bother me anymore... not after I had to put on the drivers for the first time on this box :angry:

I rewrote/heavy edited entire sections of XF86Config-4 :screwy:

I know I know, I'm -> :offtopic: , but I always get very frustrated when I hear/read the phrase "ATI drivers"

thnx for your reply, aRTee

Guest Neocorteqz
nvidia drivers work fine (I have 2 such systems running 10.1CE, with nvidia drivers), and ati drivers are reported to work, don't know how much hacking is involved.

I'm using them, not sure if I did it correctly, but it's working with no problems sso i guess i did it right. I notice that the xorg.conf was actually a sym link to the XF86Config-4 file, so I just linked it to the newly installed driver.

No hacking required.