Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Community)

bvc

Club Members?

/me not one :D

/me got Community according to /etc/release

why would this be? wasn't last release though I think someone said it was. The idea of the CE release is to tackle all the final bugs, no? yeah, clubby's are really gonna do that :lol: ....if that's the case, keep what you got cuz Official should be a disaster ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mandrake has failed to spell :D and you have failed to read ;)

Availability:

Mandrakelinux 10.1 Community is available:

* Immediately as a download for Mandrakeclub Members and contributors.

are available for "Silver" and above Club members. Join Mandrakeclub to download Mandrakelinux 1.1 today: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/club/

anyone want ML-1.1 :lol:

Perhaps we should wait download it via bittorrent. The fastest download rate peaked at 17 kb for me (and I got cabel-connection). Estimated time ~60 hours :furious3:

Though I send a request for a ftp page so I can download from there instead, but there can go up to 5 days before getting the permission. :juggle:

Hi, just have to say that bit torrent is without doubt the fastest p2p app ever made. The only drawback is the lack of search.

I use it for all big files (that i can get a torrent) as it seems to go at my top download speed - nearly all the time !

One piece of advice - use Azureus - it's the best client i've seen - you can specify a file from within a torrent. (you need Java to run azureus)

Also make sure that you open up port 6881 if you are behind a firewall.

just my 2 pence

I started my bittorrent yesterday around 8pm, had 2 iso's already around 10:30 pm - downloading at over 100KB/s is sweet.

Nothing beats bittorrent, as long as you can get it running.

BTW kde 3.3 should actually be on the 4th clubmember cd; will have a look (still at work, desperate to go home.. ;) )

And besides, if it's on some of the cd's it will be on the mirrors somewhere...

So who said Mandrake is not so up to date anymore? IMHO no less than it ever was; please check distrowatch and compare to other releases/distro's.

Off to see if my urpmi --auto-select did its magic....

I copied the iso images to my work machine this morning, then mounted them and added them as removables to my system; also had contrib and pfl added, then started urpmi. Then had to go to work, letting urpmi do the installation/upgrading of some 500+ packages...

For a fast bittorrent downlaod you need to do 2 things: If you're behind a router/firewall forward ports 6881-6890 (Yeah you can do more but I doubt you be downloading 10 torrents at a time).

And second (and most important) max your upload!!!. It should be set at 2/3 of your maximum upload speed (ie if you can upload at speeds upto 100kb, set it at 66)

Good luck.

install, click, done. If it doesn't hapen like that, it sucks. Why spend time setting up something that's only fast when the download is hot?....every six months.... Urpmi/cooker @ 380K/s has worked just fine from 9.2 to 10.1-CE ;) The protocol has it's place. That place is just not on my pc or in dloading distros. wget whoops it everytime and is installed, configured and works by default ;)

Edited by bvc

hmmmm.....I did setup a firewall a week ago, gonna check it when I get home from work. Thanks for the suggestions guys :).

It's always a pleasure to be in this forum, always nice people to help you out :)

5 thumbs up for you guys!!!