Winny & Wine

Lowe

Well im trying to get winny working on linux, with wine i have tried for ages and ages, it really is a great app for a lot of japanese music in ape and flac formats so it would be great to get it working.

First problem i can get it to start but it starts with all the squares etc so can someone tell me how to run something in wine so it shows teh japanese? also the huge list of errors is annoying and will only slow my computer down in the long run, so hopefully we can iron these out. I shall attach a screenshot of it running and a txt file with all the errors.

This is a must needed app, i may have to buy a cheap pc just to run this *sigh* Thank you for any help, also if anyone would like winny to try and get it working them self just say.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

post-6369-1095059923_thumb.jpg

winny.txt

I dunno much about making things work with Wine but all I can say to you is that Wine sucks. You'd better get Cedega or something else. I never managed to make Wine work so I switched to Cedega which is far better but not quite good, yet (it has some limitations).

The thing is Cedega is not quite free software ... so you'll have to register for 3 months at www.transgaming.com to download it.

I'm not really a wine expert but try using native dlls for the ones that generate errors. Just copy them from a windows98 install to fake_windows/Windows/System and edit the config (in .wine).

Btw, you can associate an exe file with wine. Then you can open it with double-click :)

Good luck

• 1 month later...