Ugly fonts in OpenOffice

mistinthenight

Hi,

I did something in the last days that completly removed the default fonts from OpenOffice. I'm not completly sure, but I think that the ATI drivers are the ones to blame (I had to rpm --force them) In OpenOfice the document fonts are ok, but the menu and the tool bars have horrible, no-AA fonts.

Do you know how to retrieve the default Mandrake 10 OpenOffice fonts ? Do you think the ATI driver install could be the cause ?

Any comment would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Here comes a screenshot: post-7153-1095014190_thumb.jpg

Edited by mistinthenight

Hi,

I did something in the last days that completly removed the default fonts from OpenOffice. I'm not completly sure, but I think that the ATI drivers are the ones to blame (I had to rpm --force them) In OpenOfice the document fonts are ok, but the menu and the tool bars have horrible, no-AA fonts.

Do you know how to retrieve the default Mandrake 10 OpenOffice fonts ? Do you think the ATI driver install could be the cause ?

Any comment would be really welcome.

Thanks in advance,

I had the same problem after installing ATI drivers; I solved it removing OOo and reinstalling it directly from the tar archive dowloaded from OOo site.

Execute /usr/lib/openoffice/spadmin

Click "fonts"

Make sure your truetype fonts are added.  They should be in /usr/share/fonts/ttf.  You'll have to add one directory at a time.

It worked flawlessly !

Thank you !

Edited by mistinthenight