Aliens VS Predator RPM for Mandrake 9.0 INSIDE NOW!

DOlson

I have made a new RPM. If someone would like to test it for me, please post your email address or else email me or private message me, and I can send it to you.

I can't post any URLs, because the server for my site is down, and my home server is not running right now because someone starting posting links to pictures of my family on another forum and was mocking us, so I turned it off.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey DOlson,

How about an SRPM instead, that way those of us who have stuck to MDK 8.2 won't be left out.

People with MDK8.2 can use the old RPM.

I don't know how to make SRPMs - that would be *ideal.*

Anyhow, here's the Mandrake 9.0 RPM: http://aslan.no-ip.com/~dana/rpms/avp-2002...1220-1.i686.rpm

Mandrake 8.2 RPM: http://aslan.no-ip.com/~dana/rpms/avp-gold...2002-1.i586.rpm

If you have only a i586, then please try that RPM anyhow, and let me know if it works... It seemed to me that it was both 586 and 686 during build, so I wasn't sure. Report back here if if works or not.

There is a *chance* that the RPM would work in Red Hat. Try it, and let me know.

If I ever find out a better way of compiling stuff, then I'll remake the RPMs sometime and they would prolly work on most systems.

Thanks DOlsen. But I guess I'll try to borrow a copy of AVP first before buying one.

"If I ever find out a better way of compiling stuff, then I'll remake the RPMs sometime and they would prolly work on most systems."

No problem. Your doing enough. Me I am just a leech :twisted: living of other people work :D

ral, if you can't find a copy to borrow, email me. I'm a firm believer in try-before-you-buy.

I have AVP Gold, btw. I assume it works with normal AVP, but try for Gold. And you'll need to have installed it in Windows at least once (burn it to a CD after) to get the data files.