Please give me a logical answer to my ADSL problem

DruManiac

hi everyone, i could configure and use my speedtouch330 perfectly on mdk9.2 but i cant do it on mdk10 eventhough my modem is already found while setup. when i try to connect it says "it seems the system doesnt have a connection" or something like that i cant remember.

dont tell me to go to that topic where they suggest that auto config script, ive tried it, didnt work... ive email the logs to the author and he couldnt find an answer to that...

please help me im so desperate, windows sux! ;((

thnx in advance

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

No help here. But what i recommend you do is just buy a nice ethernet modem, i was in the same situation with my bt voyager 100, man that was a pain, so i bought a D-Link 300t. You would probally notice a change in your connection aswell, it would be a lot more reliable.

when i try to connect it says "it seems the system doesnt have a connection" or something like that i cant remember.

in order to help you, we need some more info about your system/hardware. but here are some quick suggestions:

- have you tried disabling the firewall? if not, try to connect without the wall activated.

- is your modem really properly identified in harddrake?

- what are your network settings? do you have e.g. a second networking card that leads to a "misconfiguration"?

when i try to connect it says "it seems the system doesnt have a connection" or something like that i cant remember.

in order to help you, we need some more info about your system/hardware. but here are some quick suggestions:

- have you tried disabling the firewall? if not, try to connect without the wall activated.

- is your modem really properly identified in harddrake?

- what are your network settings? do you have e.g. a second networking card that leads to a "misconfiguration"?

first of all im not a newbie but not a regular user too, just know enough to run my linux properly and can solve most of the problems that occur at my system...

my hardware list:

2.2 celeron cpu

1gb ram(and 2.3.6-7 i686 up to 4gb kernel sees it as 894mb ram, dont know why)

128mb asus gforce fx 5200

sblive

alcatel speedtouch 330 usb

onboard ethernet(asus board)

well i guess thats enough hardware info...

i havent tried disabling firewall... my modem seems indentifeid properly i also installed the firmware so there is no problem with my modem, i could run it perfectly on mdk9.2...

ok here is what i do, i go to the control panel then i setup a new connection, i choose adsl and it gives my two choices of devices, my ethernet and speedtouch modem, i choose speedtouch, and i use PPPoA protocol and enter all other config of my ISP, and when i try to connect it says the system doesnt seem to have an internet connection.....

let me know if u need anymore about my system......

i did and it didnt work, i emailed him the logs and he couldnt find a solution

Were there any error messages produced when you used his method? Someone else may be able to identify the problem... :)

hahahaha u sound very confident of ur knowledge in linux... it gives no usb found error, i cant load the module... ive put 3 different firmwares in the folder and it uses alcaudsl.sys... he told my to edit some lines but didnt work