Boot theme?

Mandriva-user

Are we talking about a lilo bootsplash? Here is my bootsplash.

I forget what Linux webite I got the pic from. Nice Linux mascot though :cheesy:

Edit:

Never mind file attachment didnt work

Edit #2:

File was to big - fixed it :headbang:

post-1694-1095082163_thumb.jpg

Edited by ac_dispatcher

Hello mandrake-user.

Bootsplash comes in two related packages.

There is boot splash which is the basic bootsplash program and there is bootsplash-themes which has the different boot splash pictures you are looking  for .  The bootsplash basic program should have been installed as part of your original installation so there is NO NEED to download and install it.  On the other hand if it is not installed then iinstall it from the CDROMs you used for the installing of Mandrake.

To get the latest bootsplash-themes package I suggest you go to the following website and download from there.  It is an RPM package.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/Mandrake_Linux.html

The file that you just downloaded, is it an    RPM    or is it a    tarball  ??? 

If it is an    RPM        then you simply click on it and then follow the prompts and click ok on EACH prompt.  To view the Boot splash styles you have now installed just open Mandrake Control Centre and click on BOOT where you will find Boot Theme and make your choice there.    Then click on OK.   

If it is a tarball then let us know because the install is a little more involved but not too difficult. 

I have installed both forms (rpm and Tarball) without difficulty because there does not seem to be any dependency issues. 

Cheers.                        John.

hey pal which version should i get? and is it fully compatible with mdk10?

@ac_dispatcher: how did you make the bootsplash use a custom image? That's fairly cool!

@AussieJohn: not many people do seem to get the name joke ;)

and that site would be a problem on a 21inch screen, try increasing the font size, in firefox you hold the control key and scroll your mouse wheel (i'm assuming you have both a control key and a mouse with a scroller)