Boot theme?

Mandriva-user

What should I look for to install picture in to boot theme?

Thank can any one :help: me please.

Mandrake-user

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

What should I look for to install picture in to boot theme?

Thank can any one :help: me please.

Mandrake-user

Zwar werde ich es versuchen ,tankeschoen fuer ihre hilfe.

Mandrake-user

bvc I go in bootsplash and download it :oops: but how do I install it in mandrake that is the first time I will install a software.

I click on bootsplash.org and I click download,which one should I download a file? :zzz:

Is it possible that you can help me please and I thank you for your extra time. :wall:

Edited by Mandrake-user

Hello mandrake-user.

Bootsplash comes in two related packages.

There is boot splash which is the basic bootsplash program and there is bootsplash-themes which has the different boot splash pictures you are looking for . The bootsplash basic program should have been installed as part of your original installation so there is NO NEED to download and install it. On the other hand if it is not installed then iinstall it from the CDROMs you used for the installing of Mandrake.

To get the latest bootsplash-themes package I suggest you go to the following website and download from there. It is an RPM package.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/Mandrake_Linux.html

The file that you just downloaded, is it an RPM or is it a tarball ???

If it is an RPM then you simply click on it and then follow the prompts and click ok on EACH prompt. To view the Boot splash styles you have now installed just open Mandrake Control Centre and click on BOOT where you will find Boot Theme and make your choice there. Then click on OK.

If it is a tarball then let us know because the install is a little more involved but not too difficult.

I have installed both forms (rpm and Tarball) without difficulty because there does not seem to be any dependency issues.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

hmm...would there be any way to use like, a video for that bootsplash thing??? or perhaps just an animated gif? or something?????

I have a really cool picture I wanna somehow use....(from the NOD ending video of 'Command And Conquer')...but it won't look right as a still image... :S

Edited by Urza9814

there are some very cool boot themes at http://www.73lab.com along with some nice splash screens and backgrounds :D deck lilo, booting and your splash screen with pingus, it looks great! :D i just found my new favourite site. :P :P

O what a genius.......dickOhead. The O makes all the difference and it will gO Over the heads of nOn Aussies.

Great stuff mate.

Regarding the website you suggested, how the heck can you read the text. The purply colours make it almost impossible to read. One can select English of course but that is not the problem. When I click on what I think is the active link, it goes to a blank page and says Done. I notice also that there are no icons anywhere. Any Ideas because i would truly like to check out this site.

Thanks in advance. John

Regarding the website you suggested, how the heck can you read the text.  The purply colours make it almost impossible to read.  One can select English of course but that is not the problem.  When I click on what I think is the active link, it goes to a blank page and says Done.  I notice also that there are no icons anywhere. 

That's strange because the link work for me. Have you tried a different browser? Or sometimes if the color of the text is not legible, highlighting them makes it easy to read.

Edited by spiedra