Xorg 6.8 Officially Out

iphitus

when I boot I see Community and when I do

cat /etc/release

it says Community

I just saw on osnews that Mdk 10.1 Community has been released. Appearently that's the same as you have. I thought that Community was instant available for the public, but the link says it's only available for clubmembers. :o

Anyone know when KDE plans on implementing xcompmgr and transet support?

Its nice being able to have transparent windows and shadows an all, but it kinda sucks when all your karamba and other programs (such as KXDocker) aren't usable anymore..

It also sucks always having to start xcompmgr and do transset manually (though theres that nice patch offered at kde-look and kde-app)

Also I found this in my search(it may have been posted already):

http://rpm.nyvalls.se/10.0/RPMS/

There lays Xorg 6.8 RPMs and KDE 3.3 RPMs for MDK

As any RPM not officially supported, there are some bugs in all of it (no bugs so far in Xorg though)

Well theres some problems..

I can't put my finger on a lot of them because somehow they come and go,

Originally when I installed it I was having problems like if I open a Konqueror window, but then move the window focus to a already opened Konqueror window while the other one was still opening it would crash.. And Kontact wasn't working for a brief period of time (though KMail and all of that still works), and then last night while I was playing a game it opened itself.. I think it had something to do with conflicting with KOrganizer..

Umm lets see.. what else..

I suspect it to have broken aRts, as most of aRts seems not to work, but I may have done that separately.. I dunno..

Thus far though most of the bugs I was experiencing on 3.2.3 are gone and replaced with other various bugs.. that seems to be how these things work... :)

Hope this helps even a little bit..