Fluxbox - Themes help ?

jmr0311

I don't know if it would work in fluxbox, that's why I'm asking LiquidZoo. I'm almost positive that the file manager in that snap shot is Rox. I'm attaching an image of my Fluxbox WM with Rox windows open. Isn't that almost the same window.

Javi

post-5802-1094524112_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmr0311

Hmm I don't think that is a theme for flux, might be something like a starter bar that's more different then the one I use to use. You can change or mess around with the themes on fluxbox and make everything bigger. Sadly I had mine running fine until it crashed....or Mandrake did. Anyways I'm focusing more on gnome as of now.

-Luis

What I'm interested in achieving is, if you look in the original picture I post. Look at the file manager windows, I beleive they are Rox windows. Well look at the upper border ( the one that shows the path ) also look at the minimized/maximized/closed buttoms. That is the look I want to achieve in my Fluxbox.

Javi

I'll try to help you if you might be more specific on where you got the picture from. Might be able to track it down or something, Right now I'm in the of starting to compile my first kernel :thumbs: yay!

-Luis

that is in fact rox in the screenshot.

however, what you are asking to theme is what is known as the "window manager". fluxbox is a window manager. there are many others, and that is probably one of the other ones (not fluxbox). the actual program (in this case rox filer) does not determine the look of the window manager (of it's borders, that is).

that theme is actually crux, and i believe it is one of the themes for metacity and also sawfish. if you want that theme in fluxbox, you'd probably have to make it, or try to find a port already out there.

I got that picture from the Rox website. Also if you see iphitus link to ikaro website and look for How to customizze rox-filer ?, that picture in that tutorial represents what I will like to achieve in Fluxbox. I'm very interested in perhaps developing my first theme with you guy's kindly help. What is port the theme ? I will do some google with the terms tyme provide me, Thank's.

Javi

Edited by jmr0311

yes it's rox and the rox-panel. There's docs on the site for how to run the rox-panel. I beleive speidra still does it. PM him. I know he has at least done it recently enough to be able to tell ya. Been over 1.5 years since I did it, or longer.

The theme, if I'm not mistaken, has already been ported many times. It used to be available by default in kde through the icewm applet and is in icewm. I do beleive it's origin was sawfish so tyme would be correct there as well. Flux? I don't know. It's been around for a long time and I'd think someone has ported it to flux. Once you find it's name, google should help determine if it is in fact available for flux.

Edited by bvc

looks like microgui? http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/microgui/

qnx?

http://freshmeat.net/projects/minegue/

http://themes.freshmeat.net/search/?q=mine...t&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

nanoGUI in icewm to.

http://www.plig.org/xwinman/gnome.html

a port would be like making the theme for icewn work in, for fluxbox. Or bbx mercury for mac, work in gnome/metacity.

Edited by bvc

Hey bvc, those links you posted are right on the target. That's exactly what I'm looking for my Fluxbox. Now the question is would they work with flux, I notice they are for  enlightenment or icewm.

Javi

no. You would have to obtain the images and make a flux style. Not hard....just a matter of learning what means what. Time consuming at first, I'm sure.