Sign in to follow this  
LDC

app to see a dvd

Hi all! I have Mplayer but i cant see a dvd. Ive heard that in PLF there are some apps to see comercial or encrypted dvds. Which r that apps?thanx

If I remember you need libdvd and libdvdread. I believe though when you installed MPlayer, it would have also installed those files. When you can't see it, is it saying it is missing some codecs? Or is your dvd rom not being recognized. Sorry, but not seeing the dvd can mean a few things.

Edited by spiedra

This was covered in the latest issue of MandrakeMag. Assuming you have urpmi set up with PLF. Just type the following.

urpmi libdvdcss2

Then select "Play DVD" from the menu in Totem or MPlayer. Full details are here: http://mandrakemag.tux.com.au/current.html...DVD_MOVIES_WITH

you know, I think its time for someone the release a "commerical" software player for dvds. If you can buy a dvd and it contains interplayer or whatever, thern why not something for linux?

You make a valid point, and if you search around, there is at least one if not two commercial DVDplayers currently in the works. It's just a matter of waiting for linux to take enough desktop share to make it proffitable.

Hi! I installed that packages and i can see a dvd perfectly now. to see a dvd which do u recommend me ¿Xine, mplayer or Totem?