Wine problems

:help:

I'm trying to get Wine to work on Mandrake, but I can't get my old Win XP NTFS partition with write permissions... I've set the permissions, and I set the option umask=0, tried restarting, but I still don't have write access ( I check the perms via properties and they aren't what I set! )

I really would like to be able to run win programs with Wine! Please help me....

moved from Software by LiquidZoo

NTFS write support is sketchy at best. It works great for some, but it doesn't work at all for others. You'd be better off with a fat32 partition to share data between the 2 OS's

Also, are you trying to run already-installed programs with Wine? You would get better results trying to install the programs with wine and running them that way.

That's strange. 

Try urpmi popt-devel

:headbang:

I ran that, installed it ( it shoulda been installed already if the rpm said so though, right? ). Ran configure again....

checking for gnome-vfs-module-2.0... Package gnome-vfs-module-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnome-vfs-module-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gnome-vfs-module-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (gnome-vfs-module-2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

How do I do that environment variable? I'm sorry, I'm completely new to Linux...

:thanks:

I'm sorry, it's still not working for me for some reason.... I tried urpmi gnome-vfs, ran config, same error.... so I tried urpmi gnome-vfs-devel, but it asks me for CD 4! There is no CD 4, right? :unsure:

[root@x1-6-00-0c-6e-ff-27-6e megiddo]# urpmi gnome-vfs

installing /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS2/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-10mdk.i586.rpm
Preparing...                ##################################################
  1:gnome-vfs              ##################################################
[root@x1-6-00-0c-6e-ff-27-6e megiddo]# '/home/megiddo/Desktop/captive-1.1.5/configure'

checking for gnome-vfs-module-2.0... Package gnome-vfs-module-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

configure: error: Library requirements (gnome-vfs-module-2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
[root@x1-6-00-0c-6e-ff-27-6e megiddo]# urpmi gnome-vfs-devel
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be installed (11 MB):
indent-2.2.9-3mdk.i586
libGConf1-devel-1.0.9-15mdk.i586
libORBit0-devel-0.5.17-7mdk.i586
libglib1.2-devel-1.2.10-11mdk.i586
libgnome-vfs0-1.0.5-10mdk.i586
libgnome-vfs0-devel-1.0.5-10mdk.i586
libgtk+1.2-devel-1.2.10-38mdk.i586
liboaf0-devel-0.6.10-9mdk.i586
libxml1-devel-1.8.17-6mdk.i586
Is this OK? (Y/n) y
Please insert the medium named "Installation CD 3 (x86) " on device [/dev/hdc]
Press Enter when ready...
Please insert the medium named "Installation CD 4 (x86) " on device [/dev/hdc]
Press Enter when ready..

:wall:

Assuming KDE

K > System > Configuration > Packaging > Software Sources Manager

Remove the checkbox from CD 4, apply/save/ok and you're done.

I did all that, did urpmi gnome-vfs-devel, and I still get the same error! Is the type of stuff I'll get with Linux all the time? Windows's installs went a lot smoother....

Thank you so much for your help thus far

Edited by megiddo_99