Karamba

flightcrank

hay i have trouble installing borealis i get this message

[root@MyLinuxBox Borealis]# sh install.sh

The Borealis superkaramba theme v.2.0 by Ivica Ico Bukvic
ico@fuse.net
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/

This script needs to be run from the install folder. Exiting...
[root@MyLinuxBox Borealis]#

but there is no install folder just the install.sh file. is this a mandeake 10 problem.

borealis look cool so if any know how to fix this problem that would be good thanks

INSTALL

=======

To install this theme do the following three steps:

1) Download the package

2) Decompress the package inside your $HOME directory (IMPORTANT! It must be in your $HOME directory if you do not want to do additional editing of the config files):

tar -jxvf Borealis_superkaramba-VERSION.tar.bz2

3) Run the installer and follow the instructions:

cd Karamba/Borealis

sh install.sh

That should be it!

After you untar it you get a Karamba foldre and in this folder the Borearis folder. So it shoul be /home/<yourname>/Karamba/Borearis/

Good luck

It has to be in the correct location else the install script can't find things. When you look in it you will see a lot of $HOME/Karamba/Borealis that is short for /home/<your name>/Karamba/Borealis. If the install scrpt can't find /home/<your name>/Karamba?borealis it can't install it.

Have fun.

Are you trying to install the Karamba theme without having made sure Karamba (the program) is already installed ??? If so then sure as hell you won't be able to install the theme since there is nothing to install to.

Your intended helpers I am sure are assuming you have already installed Karamba. Comments such as "duh" about help offered will not win you friends here if you keep that up. We all try to help when we can and all help is voluntary.

Cheers. John.

first of all, you're not in the position, to curse, swear here, cause you're the one who needs help, but ok at least I will stay friendly :)

you have superkaramba or karamba, cause it needs SUPER karamba, that's something different, and then, open install.sh with a editor , and paste the contents of it, (if its too big, nvm )

duh.

some help would be good

if course i have it installed. if any help could be provided that would be good. if not go help elsewhere

If you want people to help you, i'd suggest you show a little courtesy.

Like AussieJohn says, all help is voluntary.

In regards to the question whether or not you have Karamba installed, don't take it as an insult. We have to start with the basic and move up.

Try what Echylo suggest and if you are still having issues, post and if you are nice, perhaps we'll be willing to help you more.

Edited by spiedra