Setting up my ethernet modem.

Lowe

I just got a "D-Link DSL - 300t" this morning, took two mins to set up in win xp, thought it would be the same in mandrake, so in the manual it says go to 192.168.1.1 loads in xp fine, tried to load it in mandrake and all i get is "connection refused" whats all that about?

That's odd. My server is running Win2K and my desktop is Mandrake 10.0. My router is a Netgear. If I use the web interface (192.168.0.1) to get to it, I can and everything is just fine. However, if I try to do it from Mandrake, I can get inside the router, but some of the menus and options are missing. Maybe it's the way the browsers process the page??

Also, are you trying to open the page while another computer has it open? I've found that if I'm logged into my router with one PC, I can't log into it from the other one until I log off of the first one. My Linksys router wasn't like that, but then again, that router was crap.