America's Army Video Trouble

fangbite

Alright. About two weeks ago I installed America's Army for linux. Everything went smoothly until I actually started using it. The menu screen was choppy and barely readable, but thats something I can learn to live with. But my main problem was that when I started playing the actual game, the video went all funky, blending every pixel, blurriness to the nth power. I then thinking that I needed new drivers downloaded and installed the new ATI linux drivers. This totally wrecked my linux install. Nothing worked. The video was gangked and I had to make a fresh install (not that big of a deal since I didn't have anything important on that machine).

I havn't gone back quite yet to fool with America's army because I want some help. Why was my video screwed up? I use an ATI 9200 or 9100 (I can't remember) and games like unreal worked better than in window. Did I miss something with the install or some obscure video setting? I've played America's Army in windows and I'm interested in playing the game, but I want one game that I play in linux over winblows. :help: