Zsnes Problems

Guest jlacroix

Guest jlacroix

Hello everyone. My wife and I use ZSNES alot, so it's a very important program to us... ...But we're having a little problem.

This only happens with some games. (like Mario RPG and Yoshi's island, to name a few). The graphics are "jerky" with a few of the games I play. I don't have this problem with Windows, but I'd rather ditch Windows altogether because I am getting tired of it.

Anyway, when you're moving with those games the graphics are jerky when the screen scrolls. I don't have this problem with any Final Fantasy or Mario World, which I play alot but I'd be very appreciative if I can get rid of this annoyance. I played with the frameskip option but it makes it faster but still jerky.

Any ideas?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

The graphics are "jerky" with a few of the games I play.

I would tend to think this would be a problem with the "port" to linux. Likely the version of Zsnes you have would tell you which Windows program and version they used, and probably that Windows version has the same problem.

This is my guess. I would do a little research that way. If that was a problem with the Windows program, likely it has been fixed, and it would just be a matter of the person maintaining the Linux port to update the port with the latest Windows version.

I don't have this problem with Windows, but I'd rather ditch Windows altogether because I am getting tired of it.

This is very admirable. I ditched Windows altogether for quite some time. I only recently loaded back Windows to any of my boxes, and that is a dual boot with FreeBSD 5.2.1