bioware linux ports

MadHattr

It's never fast or good enough for us..

Heck.. you know what I want.. I want a cheat machine (usually a program that searches a particular number or state in the ram area of where the program is runned, then change the ram state for a number and make it stuck.. think a game genie for linux). Yeah.. I like to cheat during playing games.. but so what? It's my game.. I want to play the way I want it.. and there is nothing more satisfying than plowing through AI monsters with overwhelming power... muahahahahahahahaha :twisted:

Ahem.. anyway.. anyone know a program like that for linux?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i read everyday on slashdot and post about it on my site about all the new crap microsoft is trying to pull to keep people away from linux

If none of the games that are out there have sold more than 20K copies, then how can we be even be considered as a market?

I'd like to see figures, if they're available, on who bought UT2003 because it had a Linux installer. You're right, though; but I don't see major companies just giving up on Linux as a gaming platform. There will come a time that Bill Gates does something so outlandish that people will start looking for alternatives. Those people will still want their games, and hopefully game companies will stand up and take notice of that.

That said, I'm not waiting until Christmas for Doom 3 either, I'm buying it from Tuxgames as soon as it's available.

Ahem.. anyway.. anyone know a program like that for linux?

Hmm... I don't know if Valgrind will do it or not, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Maybe check into that.

Hey does anyone know???...

Bioware is working on Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic on EcchsBox and PC. Is it based on the Neverwinter Nights engine??? And if so, have they addressed the issue of a Linux client port for it???

Fro the screen shots, it looks to be a hot game, very hot!!!

Hey does anyone know???...

Bioware is working on Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic on EcchsBox and PC. Is it based on the Neverwinter Nights engine??? And if so, have they addressed the issue of a Linux client port for it???

Fro the screen shots, it looks to be a hot game, very hot!!!

Email them. I'd contact the CEO about it. :)

I think I may, even though I don't like Star Wars.

I don't think it will happen though, especially after the verbal abuse they take in their own forums.

His name is ray. And you know that BioWare email addresses end with @bioware.com...

Well, I can't do that from work because we have a filter that prevents us from accessing sites which qualify as game sites, so I'd have to access it from home.

We should start a campaign of Mandrake users that applaud them for their hard work they've done in making Neverwinter Night's Linux client. Maybe the abuse they take in their forums won't have quite the sting then...

...And what do you mean, you "don't like Star Wars"!?!?!?!?!

How can you not like Star Wars???

Star wars is great, but this new trend of pop star wars hitting the theaters lately can quit it. I bet there will be some cool things in episode 3 because of how dark it'll need to be. Regardless, DOlsen - you don't like the games? Jedi Knight II is great! And now an in-depth RPG? I'll take two!! (Supposing they make a linux installer...)

Star wars is great, but this new trend of pop star wars hitting the theaters lately can quit it. I bet there will be some cool things in episode 3 because of how dark it'll need to be. Regardless, DOlsen - you don't like the games? Jedi Knight II is great! And now an in-depth RPG? I'll take two!! (Supposing they make a linux installer...)

Well, how the hell would I know? I only buy Linux games, and no Star Wars game is a Linux game yet.

Well, how the hell would I know? I only buy Linux games, and no Star Wars game is a Linux game yet.

Hey, but Star Wars Epsiodes I & II are out on DVD (even for rent or previously viewed, which is a great way to buy them) and you can watch them in Xine,...

So you CAN know about Star Wars from Linux...

Yes, but he asked me about Jedi Knight II - a fairly recent Windows game.

I will NOT watch the crappy movies. No.

What we DO need is a Star Trek game. Heh.

Oh, I got Kohan today. Cool cool game.

Now.. what are some good Star Trek games out there? Really, I am curious..

None. What I said is that we need some. Or one even. It would be awesome, but only if it was based on TNG.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!

You DON'T like STAR WARS,...

You obviously haven't played any version of Starfleet Command (1, 2 or 3)

AND you think Star Trek: The PEPSI Generation is the best era of Trek out there???

DeForest Kelly is rolling over in his grave.

DOlson, you must be in your 20s or something,... SHEESH!!!

Seriously though, pick up a copy of Starfleet Command 1 or 2 if you duel boot to windoze. It's as good as Trek gaming can probably get (haven't picked up SFC 3 yet though, so I don't know).