I can't find my firefox browser

axel_2078

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. The path to the shortcut should be something like /home/username/thunderbird/thunderbird. I'm not talking about going to start>internet>email. I mean opening up Menudrake and configuring the path for the buttons in your menus.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing.  The path to the shortcut should be something like /home/username/thunderbird/thunderbird.  I'm not talking about going to start>internet>email.  I mean opening up Menudrake and configuring the path for the buttons in your menus.

Yup, we're talking the same thing here, in MenuDrake (system menue and root menu, Thunderbird points to:

/home/username/Thunderbird/thunderbird install/thunderbird

With the last file being the icon/shell script from the download to enable load-up. The shortcut on the desktop is also the same. Clicking on the desktop loads TB, clicking from the menu - and nothing. This is why its all so confusing - something somewhere has gone wrong in MenuDrake (well, I assume, more so because I can now only get to MenuDrake from the MCC - if I right click on the yellow KDE start, left click on Menu Editor, its stopped - it doesn't load. Looks like I've screwed something up somewhere. :o )

In order to cut out some of the confusion, I've also created another thread hereabout setting TB as a default client (as opposed to setting it up witin menu apps)

cheers.

Edited by ChrisM

Did you solve your problem yet?  I had the same problem with K3b....it wouldn't launch from the start menu either.  I had to launch it from the run command.  I restarted the machine and it started working again.

I have used the run command for both firefox and Thundeerbird and it replies to me:

Sorry - KDesktop

mozilla firefox

Could not run the specified command!

However, I have been able to shorcut both Firefox and Thunderbird to the desktop, and from here they work OK.

I'm not at all happy about the default settings - I still can't fully get Firefox to act as default (if I get an email with a web link, it opens in Konqueror) and I can't get TB to open if I click on a email address link in a web page. I understand with TB I may have to edit the settings in TB.

I like the look and feel of both FF and TB but may revert back to Konqueror (which aint too bad) and Kmail - which may take some getting used to. In a windows environment though, I choose these 2 apps hands down.

I anticipate that I'll be carefully reading thru your KB3 threads in the near future - with the teenage daughter needs of CD/MP3 burning - she likes using the 'drake, and so far, no complaints about ditching M$ but I guess this matter will be the real test !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zagzigger

I think you need to take out the spaces in your directory names. I had the same problem and it worked for me.

Seems like some parts of the system can handle spaces - others can't. I think that's why you can get it to work on the desktop, but the menu programs don't like it.

Save time - don't use spaces.

Good luck