trying to install fluxbox

teh_sAbEr

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok ...i appreciate you helping me. i got "fluxbox-0.9.9-4mdk.i586.rpm" and the uhm "libstdcc+" thingy. now when i try and install the mdk rpm. i get the error msg

Some packages requested cannot be installed:

fluxbox-0.9.9-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4))

so yeah, it kinda confuses me. i guess i got the wrong version of lib? or glib? anywqay i'm really drunk right now anyway...5am and bleh. thanks for the help

o yeah, i get this when i do

urpmi fluxbox

urpmi database locked :screwy:

Edited by kustom

fluxbox-0.9.9-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4))

You'll need GLIBC_2.3.4 which provides libc.so.6, but the easiest way would be urpmi.

urpmi fluxbox

urpmi database locked

This means you tried opening a 2nd occurence of urpmi. It maybe you had your software manager running plus typing urpmi in a console. You can only have 1 occurence running. Don't open software manager at all. Open a console and as root do the urpmi fluxbox again and it should find it in your source tree and install it. That's the first thing I would try. If that fails, then add cooker and plf which will have Flux and repeat the urpmi command. If you still get the error regarding libc.so.6, then you'll have to get GLIBC_2.3.4 which I believe is already in your source tree so it should be installed automatically.

Edited by spiedra

go to easyurpmi (e.g. via google) and set up new mirrors. your ftp-mirrors don't seem to have the relevant packages. on easyurpmi, make sure that you also add the plf-repositories. then try "urpmi -a fluxbox" again.

Clarification: Cooker and PLF are ftp repositories. They contain extra applications that do not come on the cd's. When you add them to urpmi sources using the above directions, when you type the urpmi command it will then find and install Fluxbox plus dependencies.