which browser and email client do you use?

axel_2078

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For email I use KMail. As part of the Kontact package, it is very similar in appearance to Outlook, which I have used for so many years at work that I am used to it.

(Let's face it: there is a "comfort level" involved in our software choices. I have used Outlook for so long that the interface is "comfortable". Doesn't mean it's the best, just what I'm used to. :P )

depends...if I'm using The Gimp, I am not in fluxbox for after a while it'll crash it...so I use Mozilla there. When I'm in flux, I use firefox (it's not on the menu for the other ones, and I don't feel like adding it)

I find epiphany far too slow myself...Konqueror is just as bad...too much junk and everything...I only use it for files, not websites...Galeon...seems exactly like epiphany...

for email...I never really use IMAP/POP...I had thunderbird for a while for my fastmail account, but it was so much easier to just check it online...

my mom, for the short time she was using linux for it (so she didn't have to reboot...that ended after I broke linux for about a week...) used Evolution. Evolution has too much useless crap for me...If I ever used one (which I probably never will...) it'd be thunderbird.

Edited by Urza9814

Browsing - Firefox and Opera (in that order...)

eMail - Thunderbird (just gotta love it, the spam filter is working perfectly!)