What is Linux Google?

axel_2078

google.com/linux is a search engine that only searches in sites related to linux.

Brilliant to use if you google for software, problems, news etc... related to Linux!

Google in the browser...

Mozilla - download a Googlebar extension

FireFox - Built in Googlebar standard

Opera - just type "g" and the search words in the adressbar, or use the buildt in search box.

Firefox really is Mozilla...it's just the browser, no other progs come with it. Opera...I never used it...I hear it was the first with tabs, but that's all I know of it really...

I believe all the linux google does is add 'linux' to the end of whatever you search...so really it isn't any different from normal google...

add konqueror 3.3 to the list. the nice thing is, it comes with search engines built in, and like opera you can use hot keys. you can also edit, or add, delete search engines at will.

in konqueror google's default search keyword is "gg: [insert search terms]" in the URL bar.

I have mine set up so i simply type the phrase i want to search for on google in the URL bar, or type "gg [search terms]" or "linux [search terms]" to search Google Linux (you'd have to add that one yourself i think. its pretty simple).. In Konq go to Configure Konqueror and to Web Shortcuts

g is the google key-character. x is the keycharacter that you want to use if you need to use google.com/linux .

I didn't know that, thanks for the great tip.

As for you guys that asked about Opera. Opera was the first browser that used tabs. It was also the first browser with several buildt in search-engines that could be used in different ways. Opera has extremely many key shortcuts too.

It has a pretty good buildt in mail-client (M2) and an IRC client. It's very customizable through skins and configurations, so even though it's a heavy browser, you can customize it to be just a lightweight as Firefox.

And the best thing... it's Norwegian :headbang:

...allthough I must admidt I use Firefox most of the time myself.