Mandy 10.1, beta 2

Ixthusdan

Mandrake is, as usual, improving itself past the .0 problems. With the first beta, I did not even have to run k3b setup to do a burn! I have just installed beta 2, and the speed increase in kde is noticeable. I believe the kernel and the issues with the kde stuff are getting ironed out. I still do not have any sound, but I intend to play with that with this beta. For those of you who do not know, my sound vacated my computer with Mandy 10. Since windows, Libranet, PCLinux, MEPIS, and everything else manages to give me sound, I am assuming that Mandrake has an interesting issue.

While many have found Mandy 10 to be great, I have seen it as yet another .0 experience, with little buggy issues. Traditionally, Mandrake X.0 releases have been innovative but buggy. By the time they get to a X.2 release, the os is superb. This is intended for a heads up to users who might be brave enough to try a beta. This is a good beta, as was the beta 1. Oh, yeah, they included pysol this time, which I could not get to even compile on beta 1. Nvidia drivers compiled and worked on both betas.

MDK 10.1 beta 1 seemed like a good release to me too. I upgraded from 10.0 OE to 10.1 b1 with no problems, everything was working ok, but then, after installing updates (quite a few in daily basis) many things broke or stop working.

Im downloading b2 and will reinstall from scratch as soon as i get it.

Is it true Cd buning is broken? if so, hope it gets fixed asap.

I burned the beta 2 in beta 1. I'll try burning later. I am having to modprobe the nvidia driver each time, so I'll manually fix that as well. I found out a while back that updating cooker daily can indeed render your computer useless!! :D I have had better experience with clean installing the betas.