kWrite (kOffice) - opinions?

LTD602

I've always been impressed with OpenOffice, but I recently tried (and switched) to kOffice (newest version) and have been using kWrite quite a bit. I like it, and it has become my #1 wordprocessor. I find the page layout (frame-based) and the menu/toolbar layout simple and attractive. Plus, it is skinned with my KDE icon theme.

How do all of you like it?

OO is a more versitile suite, but if you do not need to switch between windows and a good os, then the k office is great. I used it before I used OO.

i use kwrite only if i want to write normal letters and the like. it works good for these "simple" tasks. but for my scientific documents, i prefer openoffice. it is more powerful and in a recent test in a well respected computermagazine, it beat all other free and commercial word-processing programs. :)

I have not used KWord a lot. I do all of my office style work in the gnome suite (Abiword, Gnumeric etc). I did use OO for a while but found it very slow to use (mostly because I only have 128Mb RAM on this machine). Abiword opens quickly, runs smoothly and has all the features I want. Handles .doc like native as well which I appreciate.