Doom 3 is scary!

SoulSe

After wrestling with cd rom drives and dealing with some weirdness, I finally got Doom 3 running tonight with Cedega after two hours. Once the Linux client comes out, I will buy it and go native.

God, am I spooked now!  :devil:

I usually handle scary movies, etc. pretty well. But this game captures you in a way I haven't experienced before. I think I'm in for some serious nightmares tonight  :o

Ok, so it's not thaaaat bad. But still pretty impressive. This game was so worth the wait. Now I just need to muster up the guts to play again...

Any news on when the Linux client will be available?

:devil:  :o

ive got some disappointing news for u... im about to finish the game and there is only one problem with doom3, its like other games... its the same thing till the end, there is nothing interesting or different... but as u said the atmosphere of that thrill has never been achieved in another game before, its really the best game ever :D

Guest mr_peretz

Man, this game scared the s@#t out of me! With 5.1 sound in dark room... I had to run to get some Pumpers!

To people complaining that game is linear - listen, this is Doom, alright? It's not some Deus Ex or smth, it was meant to be this way and people who played in previous dooms really appreciate it.