USB camera

Drakain Zeil

I'm having problems getting my camera to work, the maker doesn't support *nix of any flavour, only win systems.

The camera can be found here: http://www.leiproducts.com/products/database/WC-10/index.php

Is there any genaric way to get USB cameras to work? Or a way to get this one to work? Otherwise I'll need to run my windows partition all day (the camera is for a server, and the point of the server actually).

Look in your /dev/ directory for a device starting with 'sd' (like sda1) while your camera is plugged in...

If your camera runs as a usb mass-storage device we're in luck, otherwise you might need to find a third party Linux driver... the chances are slim.

Is it a logitech webcam with another name? Logitech camaras (as far as I know most of 'm) are supported out of the box. Look onder /dev for /video0 (videoX). And try setting up gnomemeeting.

I have no folder like that... The only thing I have is USB/HID and a blank folder, this camera is the only USB that I have plugged in.

Sorry, I should have checked what kind of camera it was, I presumed it was a digital camera without clicking on the link.

My bad... ignore my advice, webcams are different.

Meh, as long as I learned somthing new.