Nautilus - what do you think of the new one?

nocturnes

Nautilus 2.6.3 that is.

I like a lot of the features. But the default "new window" is driving me crazy. On the plus side, it responds a lot faster than before (an issue with only 128M RAM) and some of the new functions are great (I like the "view" menu for example.

What do you all think?

I hated it at first, and made the default 'always use browser'. But then I decided to give it another chance, and now I love it. The best of both worlds, depending on what you want to do. You can change nautilus's behavior in gconf-editor, in case you didn't know.

i tried it, hated it instantly and exterminated it. it is irritating, user-unfriendly and not intuitive at all. thus, it will never again be on my box. that was imho the worst thing, the gnome-team could do to its otherwise beautiful desktop. it was the last nail in the coffin for me to kick gnome altogether and stick with kde.

i tried it, hated it instantly and exterminated it. it is irritating, user-unfriendly and not intuitive at all. thus, it will never again be on my box. that was imho the worst thing, the gnome-team could do to its otherwise beautiful desktop. it was the last nail in the coffin for me to kick gnome altogether and stick with kde.

wait, wait, wait.....so, you use kde, just as it is setup?....you do not change anything? You kicked gnome because you won't open gconf-editor and go to apps>nautilus>preferences and check something off? I don't think so. What's the real reason :P .....cause that can't be it.....or you wouldn't be using linux at all ;)