Help with install question

ncb

I already have Mandrake 8.1 installed. I need Windows for a couple of school-related things. Does Windows have to be the primary OS or can I install say windows 98 on a partition now. Or do I have to go ahead and uninstall Mandrake 8.1, install win98, then install mandrake 8.1 again? :afro:

Create a vfat partition for windex to "see". Remove the boot loader. (restore mbr) Install windex, telling it to use just the partition it can see. (Don't allow it to format the drive) When windex is done, reinstall the boot loader.

Create a vfat partition for windex to "see". Remove the boot loader. (restore mbr) Install windex, telling it to use just the partition it can see. (Don't allow it to format the drive) When windex is done, reinstall the boot loader.

Is there any way you can break that down in more specific steps. Or explain how to do each of those. Sorry it's just I've never done it before and I don't know how to create a vfat partition or where to do that at, etc.

Using Hardrake, Create a partition on your harddrive and format it as vfat. You will see it as one of the choices when you create the drive space. Note that windows will only read that partition, or any vfat partitions on the drive. Then, reboot the computer, but use the cd1 disk to boot into Mandrake install. At the splash screen, hit F1, type "rescue", and you will be presented with a menu. Choose to restore the windows boot record.

Install windows, and it will find the newly created vfat partition, calling it "c:". After the install, reboot to verify windows is good. Then reboot with the mandrake boot disk, hit F1 again, rescue, and install the boot loader. Done.

Using Hardrake, Create a partition on your harddrive and format it as vfat. You will see it as one of the choices when you create the drive space. Note that windows will only read that partition, or any vfat partitions on the drive. Then, reboot the computer, but use the cd1 disk to boot into Mandrake install. At the splash screen, hit F1, type "rescue", and you will be presented with a menu. Choose to restore the windows boot record.

Install windows, and it will find the newly created vfat partition, calling it "c:". After the install, reboot to verify windows is good. Then reboot with the mandrake boot disk, hit F1 again, rescue, and install the boot loader. Done.

Awesome thanks a lot, that is much easier to understand.