streaming video in Firefox

PMo6022

Running MandrakeLinux 10.0CE. I am trying to install the mplayerplugin for firefox 0.9.3. I've got mplayer and gmplayer installed and working. If I download videos I can watch them, I just can't stream them through the browser. I've installed mplayerplugin via RPM, but when I go to a page with quicktime, the browser acts as if I did not have a plugin installed to handle it.

I read through another recent post on a similar topic (http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=17154&hl=mplayer), without any luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Try to add mplayerplug-in.so and mplayerplug-in.xpt files into this directory ~/.mozilla/plugins/.

You will find the ( *.so and *.xpt ) file in this directory ~/mplayerplug-in/ . Also what I did was to copy this two files ( mplayerplug-in.conf - mplayerplug-in.type ) in this two directories ~/.mozilla/ and /etc/ . So far I'm able to play all types of stream videos. If you need more help just ask again. I hope it help...

Javi

Hey Thanks From Me tooooooooo

This is the first time I have been able to see anything streaming in Firefox too.

However, can anyone help me with why the audio sounds like chipmunks during the live streaming????

I'm not sure if the video is fast or not yet but the audio is straight out of Chipmunkville

"After you......"

"Oh no, I insist after you.... :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: "

I don't know is this will help you but just give it a try. Look for your mplayerplug-in.conf file and open it. This is a snap shot of the file in my system:

debug=0

logfile=$HOME/mpp.log

vo=xv,x11

ao=oss,alsa9,arts,esd

#osdlevel=3

use-gui=mini

prefer-aspect=1

#download=1

#dload-dir=$HOME/tmp

#keep-download=0

noembed=0

# Cache Size in kB (default 512 kB)

cachesize=512

# Custom mime-types

use-mimetypes=1

# Enable/Disable RealPlayer mime-types (default=0)

#enable-real=0

# Enable/Disable WindowsMedia mime-types (default=1)

enable-wm=1

# Enable/Disable QuickTime mime-types (default=1)

enable-qt=1

# Enable/Disable Mpeg mime-types (default=1)

enable-mpeg=1

qt-speed=high

#rtsp-use-tcp=0

#nomediacache=0

Maybe you can try changing some of those setting. This is a link that explain those setting in the ( *.conf ) file. Remember that if you do any change to the file, you have to recopy them to the respected folders I mention in the original post, so the changes could take effect.

Javi