Pen drive help

Guest caa1980

Guest caa1980

I am useing mandrakemove wich is seposed to let you use a pen drive to save your settings to. The problum is that i can't get mandrakemove to recegnize my sandisk cruzer mini usb flash drive so that i can put my settings on it. What do i do? It is formated by defaoult as a FAT partition.

I am useing mandrakemove wich is seposed to let you use a pen drive to save your settings to. The problum is that i can't get mandrakemove to recegnize my sandisk cruzer mini usb flash drive so that i can put my settings on it. What do i do? It is formated by defaoult as a FAT partition.

I don't know about that app in particular, but I have managed to use my sandisk cruzer mini on MD 9.1 & 10 as well as FreeBSD 4.9. I simply mount it as "-type msdos".. which answers your question. Yes, the pen drive is formatted dos by default.

I too am having trouble with a sandisk cruzer mini usb flash drive 256mb model SDCZ2-256.

I am using M/D 10.0 and have been using a 32mb usb drive for some time now with no problems. Today a got a sandisk cruzer drive, checked it out in win98, no problem, booted up M/D 10.0 and plugged in the drive and my system just locked up tight, I could do nothing, tried restarting the X display (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace), logout (Ctrl-Alt-Del), opening a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-F2), the cursor would not move. It was just like in windows, I had to press the reset button.

I tried plugging it in before logging in to my user account, after logging in to my user account, before switching on the computer... but always with the same result, total non response from both the key board and the mouse.

If anyone knows of a work around please let me know.

Thanks