Home icon on kde desktop not working

mte

hi,

From time to time when I double click the Home icon on kde destkop nothing happens. if I look in the taskbar it seems that it opens and closes right away. I don't know where but somewhere I read about deleting ~/.kde/share/applnk-mdk/konqueror.desktop and if I do that it works for some time. But soon after doing some various work it comes to the same situation. Is there any more stable solution?

Thanks,

Matej

i don`t think that there is any way to correct this konqueror-bug other than updating kde. i am sure that this rather annoying bug will be gone in kde 3.3, which will be released soon. if anyone knows another trick, feel free to post it. i am waiting. ;)

Now the 3.3 is released..how long does it usually take to wait for Mandrake rpms? And when they are released - does the installation overwrite default mandrake settings or what? Will it be available in the Update feature or not?

Ok it isn't time for this yet but I wonder how things went for previous versions (I have linux just about 3 days now..)

thans for any info,

Matej

Been battling this same bug here with MDK 10 official and KDE updated to 3.2.3

I was thinking... there is always more than one way to do things and have been trying different commands to accomplish this home file manager. So currently, I right click on desktop icon and select Properties. In the tab for Application and the line for Command, I currently have

kfmclient openURL %u

Its working at this time, but, I have since forgotten what was originally in there and wondering what all you are using there ?